Exercise is an important component of every stage of life, but this holds especially true for seniors. Exercise induces a plethora of benefits that improves old age for very little commitment and energy. Read on to discover how best to reap the benefits that exercise can give to seniors.
Exercise Basics for Seniors
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
Seniors should always consult their physicians before beginning an intensive exercise program. They should always follow the advice of their physicians and make allowances for any preexisting conditions or injuries. Your physician might have excellent suggestions on how to modify exercise to assist with any physical limitations or shortcomings. Also, because seniors are a sensitive age group, make sure to always have water close by during a workout. A steady supply of water helps to manage hydration and improves wellness. Aside from listening to your doctor’s advice and drinking plenty of water, make sure to always listen to your body. Do not push it beyond it’s capabilities. This could cause more harm than good and may limit future exercise endeavors.read this post here!
Benefits of Exercise in Seniors
Exercise is a beneficial activity for every age group, but seniors have even more to gain than the average demographic. Exercise can help:
● Supply you with more energy
● Increase range of movement
● Improve your sex life
● Lower blood pressure
● Assist with diabetes management and prevention
● Prevent coronary heart disease
● Lose weight and maintain this weight loss
How to Get Started
The best exercise regimens have variety and are all-inclusive. After getting medical clearance, the senior individual should look to curating an excellent exercise program that focuses on what they would like to achieve. These workout programs should include a proper warm-up with dynamic stretching to prevent injuries, a cardio component, a strength training component, and a cool-down with static stretching. The cardio component and strength training component can be integrated together. For example, yoga does an excellent job of incorporating cardio and strength training by moving quickly through a series of stretches that use the body’s weight as resistance.
What to Bring
Whether your workout is in a class setting, or in the free weight section of the gym, there are several important things that any senior must remember
● Clothing- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothing that you will feel comfortable sweating in. Women should wear supportive sports bras that they feel cover the entire breast, and support the breast’s mass from underneath. It is also very important to wear comfortable tennis shoes that are supportive and fit well. We suggest getting properly fitted for sports shoes at a sports store.visit the website for more info:http://poststar.com/business/local/training-for-the-win/article_6866e9b4-053b-5da3-8fe0-422720419647.html
● Water bottle- Always bring a water bottle and keep it close by. Hydration is essential during a workout. Drink plenty of water before and after you exercise. It will aid in injury management and will help you workout to your maximum capacity.
● Sport towels- If you know you will sweat a lot, or if sweat makes you particularly uncomfortable, keep a towel close at hand.
Exercise is achievable at any age, and it is particularly important as a senior. Maintain your physique and wellness with a regular exercise regimen, and you’ll never feel like you’ve aged.…